Physical and Behavioral Health/Climate Assessments
Center for Safe Schools (CSS) has physical and behavioral health/climate assessors on staff. CSS will perform an onsite assessment to understand the strengths of your school and provide recommendations on how to improve safety and school climate.
CSS assessment package includes:
- Ongoing technical support before and after the assessment
- Easy to understand final assessment reports
- The option to choose professional development opportunities tailored to your needs
- Confidence in knowing your requirements have been met
Behavioral Health/School Climate Assessments
CSS will examine your school building through a behavioral health and school climate lens. Assessors will use standard criteria to get a feel of what it is like to be a student, staff member, and community member at your school. These criteria are meant to give guidance regarding best practices in establishing a safe and secure school climate.
CSS assessors will:
- Assess arrival and dismissal practices
- Walk through and around your building
- Interview staff and students (optional). Virtual options are available for busy educators!
- Examine policies and procedures related to bullying prevention, behavioral health, and threat assessment, etc.
- Analyze school climate survey and staff satisfaction data
- Provide a thorough report with actionable recommendations
For Pennsylvania Schools
In accordance with Act 44, Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) established safety and security assessment criteria. CSS assessment process meets all PCCD requirements and recommendations. In fact, CSS provides a thorough assessment that goes above these requirements. These criteria are meant to give guidance regarding best practices in establishing a safe and secure school.
Estimated Cost for Assessments
Please note: Travel for the assessor is not included in the estimates below. Large square footage will also impact price. Please contact us for a detailed estimate.
|Number of Students